The City of Beeville Texas Health Department offers numerous services for the benefit and safety of our community. Our mission is to protect and promote the safety and well-being of our citizens.
Food Establishment Section: Food Safety is a key element to protecting public health and preventing the spread of food-borne illnesses. To ensure the safety of food in our city we work in partnership with the operators and employees of food service establishments. Food establishments should be inspected twice a year. If unable to be inspected at this frequency, then inspections will be prioritized by risk. Employees who handle food are trained as food handlers; food managers are certified in the safe preparation and storage of food. All food service providers must obtain the necessary permits and pay the required fees before commencing operations. Our municipality follows TEXAS FOOD ESTABLISHMENT RULES (TFER-25 TAC Chapter 229.161-229.171, 229.173-229.175) as well as local guidelines during our food establishment inspections.
Other services provided and/or handled by the Health Department Food establishment section are:
- Foster Care, Child-Care, & Adult Care Inspections (no fee)
- Health & Food Vendor Permits (fee required)
- Wholesalers Permits (fee required)
- Retail Permits (fee required)
- Temporary Permits (fee required)
- Mobile Units (fee required)
- Bee County Health Inspector
- 210 East Corpus Christi Street
- Beeville, TX 78102
- (361) 621-1553