General Information
Animal Control Supervisor
Lupe Valdez
Phone Numbers
Emergencies: Dial 911
1408 Cook Road

Animal Control Hours
Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM

Animal Control FAQ's

There has been a lot of discussion regarding the operations of the City of Beeville Animal Control Department. Here we would like to answer those questions that are asked most frequently. For more information regarding animal control, visit

No answers matched your search
What is/are the main responsibilities of the City’s Animal Control Department?
The City of Beeville Animal Control Department employs animal control officers who are licensed by the Texas Department of State Health Services to perform a variety of duties, as well as an adoption/rescue coordinator who holds an administrative role. Animal control is responsible for duties that include, but are not limited to, ensuring responsible pet ownership, the welfare of animals maintained within the city, and the protection of the public from aggressive and/or diseased animals within the city.
What type of facility does Animal Control oversee?
Animal Control is an open-intake impound facility for animals reported for various reasons throughout the city. By law, animal control must respond to calls and impound the animals. Currently, there are 8 kennels at the facility and they are able to be divided into 16 units. Two of the 8 kennels can be used for quarantine of animals that have or may have rabies.
What happens once an animal is picked up?
Once Animal Control picks an animal up, attempts are made, whether by phone, email, or social media, to reunite the animal with its owner. Animals are held for 3 full business days, not including the day of intake, and then are deemed available for rescue, fostering, adoption or by any other means. Diseased/injured animals can be euthanized, based on the need for public safety or for the condition/welfare of the animal.
Is there information online regarding the animals that have been picked up by animal control?
Yes. At this time, the City operates and moderates 2 social media pages. These are the ONLY pages that the city will list/update animals that have been impounded.
Is the animal control facility a no-kill shelter?
While the euthanizing of animals is never the desired outcome, the City of Beeville is not able to operate a no-kill shelter. The facility is an open intake facility. Animal Control strives to return animals to their owners or otherwise match animals with adopters, animal rescue organizations, and transfers. However, based on the resources available, the availability of kennel space, the number of intakes, and the availability of a rescue group(s) to accept an animal transfer, this is not always possible.
Are animals sterilized before being released?
Animal Control is not able to sterilize animals before adoption. Per the Texas Department of State Health Services, however, if a facility cannot sterilize an animal before adoption, there must be a sterilization agreement, which the Animal Control Department includes with the adoption of animals from the facility.
If an animal must be euthanized, what is used?
In accordance with the Texas Department of State Health Services requirements, sodium pentobarbital must be used in the humane euthanization of animals. Animal Control uses a solution called Fatal-Plus, which has sodium pentobarbital as the active ingredient.
What do I need to do to adopt an animal from the Animal Control facility?
Hundreds of animals are brought into the facility every year and they all deserve a loving, responsible home. If you are interested in adopting a pet, we require a 30 minute in person meet and greet. Adopters must also agree to have the animal spayed or neutered within 30 days of adoption. Information for low-cost spay and neuter is available from Animal Control.
What do I need to do to become a foster home for pets?
Interested fosters can begin the process by filling out a foster application and passing a home check. Beeville Animal Control will provide supplies and care support while the animal is in foster care.
How can I become a volunteer at the City’s Animal Control facility?
Volunteers are always needed and appreciated! Volunteers can fill out an application and must be 16 or older. A tetanus shot is strongly recommended. Volunteers help with events, fundraising, graphic design, photography, training, transport, dog sitting, outreach or walking.
Is the Animal Control facility inspected or regulated?
The facility is inspected annually by the Texas Department of State Health Services. In fact, we just had our annual inspection and passed.